Last modified 2010-04-04.
1. GENERAL MATTERS
Scope of Policy
This Policy only applies to this Site and does not apply to other companies' or organizations' web sites to which we link. You should carefully review the privacy policies of those web sites in order to determine how they treat your personal information.
2. COLLECTION OF VISITOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Health Inspection Monitor does not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information. Personally identifiable information may include a visitor's name, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, credit card number, etc. ("Personal Information"). You will be asked to disclose Personal Information if (i) request information from us, (ii) you purchase products, services, subscriptions, or memberships ("Products and Services"), or (iii) if you elect to participate in any sweepstakes or surveys we offer from time to time.
Personal information collected may be transferred and shared in the event that the business is sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized, or otherwise transferred. Other than these cases and the disclosure exceptions outlined in section (6), we will not divulge any of this information to any third party now or at any time in the future without first asking for your permission.
3. OPT-IN / OPT-OUT
Opt-In. If you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us, or OPT-IN to receive communications from us, Health Inspection Monitor may use your Personal Information to fulfill memberships, subscriptions, product orders and to answer questions. We may also use Personal Information to let you know about upcoming offers, products and services about which you may be interested. Emails you may receive from us include:
- Email Marketing Communications: Periodically we will send you an email detailing new releases, new features of our web site or services or promotional or marketing related information pertaining to our web site or services.
- Administrative and help emails: we will of course reply to your help requests, and we may send you miscellaneous administrative correspondence - password reminders, confirmation of payment, and so on.
Opt-Out. If you do not wish to receive information from us you may Opt-Out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opt-Out requests will be honored as soon as possible after receipt, however, please allow five to seven days for processing.
4. COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL AGGREGATE DATA
We gather non personally identifiable information ("Aggregate Data") with respect to our visitors' use of the Site. This information helps us determine the extent to which our visitors use certain parts of our Site, which, in turn, enables us to make it as appealing as possible.
5. COOKIES AND IP ADDRESSES
How Can I Disable Cookies? Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can reset your browser to notify you when you've received a cookie or, alternatively, to refuse to accept cookies. It is important to note that you may not be able to use certain features on the Site if you choose not to accept cookies.
IP Addresses. We collect and analyze traffic on our Site by keeping track of the IP addresses of our visitors. IP addresses are unique numeric identifiers that are assigned to each computer browser accessing the Internet. An IP address, by itself, cannot identify you personally. However, when combined with other information provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your IP address can be used to identify the computer originating a message.
6. PRIVACY OF ECARD INFORMATION
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary including, without limitation:
- To comply with a legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect Health Inspection Monitor rights and property;
- To investigate reports of visitors sending material using a false e-mail address or sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site and/or service;
- To investigate reports of credit card fraud or unauthorized use; or
- During emergencies, such as when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk.
Shopping with us is safe. Your order information is sent to us through a "secure session" established with Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This technology encrypts, or scrambles, your account information before it is sent to us, making it virtually impossible for anyone other than our authorized staff and our servers to read it. We protect all customer data against unauthorized access. We use secure technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access, to safeguard your personal information.
If you have any questions regarding this Agreement please contact us.